Monday, March 22, 2010

My Happiness Project.

I'm obsessed with this new blog I've stumbled upon www.happiness-project.com
I've already begun incorporating the 18 little things you can do to boost your happiness at the office. And I've begun reading up on the "Happiness Challenge".

Something that has really struck a cord with me are the Happiness Commandments. The blog writer has 12 but there can be as many or as few as you would like. These are basically the rules that you approach your life by-or at least the rules you want to approach your life by. I'm working on my own, but I think I may have to borrow a few from her readers. Here are some of my faves...

Know that the world is a beautiful place.
Believe that there is hope for humanity.
Work to make the first two true
Forget the past.
Don’t think about things too much.
Talk to strangers.
Stay in touch.
Dig deep.
Forgive yourself.
Create something that wasn't there before.
Help others.
Be silly.
Do what matters.
Stay calm.
You are the most important bird in your nest.
This too shall pass
Remember the past but do not dwell there.
Find a bright side and look on it, dammit. (LOVE THIS ONE!!)
Other people are nothing to be afraid of.
Look for the good. (THIS ONE TOO)
Become the person your dog thinks that you are.
Whatever the world takes from you, let it go
Do it Now.
Give grace
Express my gratitude
Rejoice in beauty
Encourage others
Music helps (Most definitely)

So what are some of your "Commandments"?

0 comments: