Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Week 2 Recipe: Banana Bread

I actually have a little catching up to do in posting the weekly recipe department, which I'll try to do some of that this week.

We actually still have a fair amount of stuff still in storage some 5 hours away. Stuff I can't wait to get back this April, including my recipe box. Winter really gets me in the mood for baking breads and coffee cake. Its been tough not having those favorite recipes, I have this older Paula Dean Banana Bread recipe that was my tried and true. I decided recently that I had no choice but to venture out and try a new one. Enter Pinterest! I stumbled upon one served up by For the Love of Cooking and gave it a whirl.

Banana Banana Bread:
Adapted recipe by For the Love of Cooking.net
Original recipe by Shelley on Allrecipes.com
  • 1/2 cup of butter, softened
  • 3/4 cup of brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/3 cups of mashed overripe bananas (I used 4)
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 2 cups of flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh nutmeg, grated

There were just a few modifications I made. 1) I used 2 cups of Bread Flour and 2) I made my own Brown Sugar a la Pinterest. And Folks it was spectacular! It was so very easy to whip up and really between the three of us we polished it off before I could even think to take a snapshot. But if you need some incentive...


And if memory serves, this felt so much easier to do (and if we're honest - tastier) than my old recipe, so look out Paula you've done been replaced.

0 comments: