Monday, December 8, 2008

Let the holiday traditions begin.

We are nuts about the holidays...not in the spiritual sense but in the "hey lets light out house up so they can see us from space" sense. Last year we had two count em two x-mas trees. The spirit of Santa and giving is full force in our place this time of year. We have lots of old traditions from our youths and some that we have begun for Stella. One has to be movies. There are certain television shows and movies that are one perpetual repeat this time of year. For Ned it's the Christmas Story. For me it's How the Grinch Stole Christmas (animation-no Jim Carrey thank you) & Rudolf the Red Nosed Reindeer. But two years ago my friend Melissa introduced to me the magic that is "Love Actually" this movie is just the sweetest and delightfully magical holiday movie. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll hug and kiss on anyone that's within a 50 mile radius after watching it. It quite frankly has settled effortlessly into my holiday tradition. (Ned? well he'll come around after a few hundred times of being forced to watch it) But I don't care. I dare you to not get a little giddy when you watch this.



P.S. the boxes are almost all unpacked I'll start posting more frequently in the coming days.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

I have already watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Nightmare Before Christmas, A Christmas Story, A Charlie Brown Christmas, and of course, Love Actually! This time of year RULES! Also, definitely can't wait to hear about the big move!

Anonymous said...

"Love Actually" is my favorite movie EVER! It's so happy and good and I just love it! That's so funny.

jamie said...

Love Actually is a guilty pleasure of mine I don't confess to many people. Feel SPECIAL Fran! It's usually just me and hot coca and a blanket and my remote living up that particular holiday tradition!