Saturday, December 20, 2008

If you tell my Dad I wrote this... I'll have to kill you.

My father is OBSESSED with Elvis Presley. The man is god incarnate in my dads eyes. Elvis was on in our house ad nauseum when I was a kid. I was tortured repeatedly with first the VHS copy then the fancy schmancy DVD version of "Elvis Aloha from Hawaii" Concert Special on a weekly basis growing up. How did I rebel? Why I became a hardcore Beatles fan thank you.

Oh and did I mention on a recent return trip to Memphis my dad spent 8 hours touring Graceland...8 mother freakin hours my friends TWO days in a row.

By now you're probably saying "Frances we get it... but what's your point?" Well when it comes to the holidays somehow someway Elvis wormed his way into my favorite holiday songs. Try as I might to fight it, this one song just get's me all warm and fuzzy inside. Bringing back memories of my dad popping on one of Elvis' gazillion Christmas albums while The Baby Bro and I decorated the X-mas Tree.

I'll be sure to see a doctor about this serious illness after the holidays.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In our house, it wasn't Christmas unless Elvis was singing the carols. You know the album with the read cover and the present with green ribbon. Know what I'm talking about?

Franny said...

Oh yes I do that was one of my dad's faves