Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Operation No Mo Black Thumb - Day 3

Gardening was something my mom enjoyed greatly, growing up I can remember many a spring day spent outside planting flowers. It was really tough to watch her physical limitations force her to give it up. She still does a little nurturing of house plants, but I know she would give anything to be in the yard on a nice spring day tending to her roses. My mom has the greenest thumb there ever was. She can take a dead leaf and turn it into a thriving out of control plant. I swear I've seen it! It's insane. I was just hoping for a little bit of her magic maybe a pastel green thumb? Nope mine is black. I've tried and tried over the years and it's just ended in death. If it's green and relies on me for sustenance it's screwed. But I'm determined to have my garden. I want so badly to be one of those people with the big hats and the beautiful flower garden.

So I've initiated Operation No Mo Black Thumb

My first victim plant, I've affectionately named Edith. Here she is Day 3 and she's still alive!

So far so good. I'm hoping my baby Buddha's will help give her the strength to survive my care.

0 comments: