Wednesday, February 1, 2012

35/35 February Update

Happy February folks. I thought I'd offer an update my my 35 things to do my 35th year list. This list has brought so much light and energy into so many aspects of my life. I'm so grateful to Laura at 3 little birds for inspiring me. Just like anything in life I've had good days and bad as far as sticking to the list. But overall I'm proud of the changes.


Things To Do
1. Read 12 books. -
I'm about to start book number 4! - I've already reviewed The Paris Wife, more reviews to come. I am most grateful to this list for lighting my book reading fire again. I expect to surpass 12 before summer
2. Send birthday cards to my nearest and dearest -January Done! I LOVE doing this
3. Fix my watch -to be done as soon as the budget allows
4. journal daily (even if its one sentence) -I started January strong with this but the last week or so I have been less diligent but I've already journaled more than i have in the last few years.
5. Discover one new musical artist a month -January's artist was the Temper Trap, I'm excited about February's artist. This too has breathed so much life into me. My journal is fast filling with names to explore.
6. Wear more jewelry-January was a pretty good month.
7. Wear more scarves-yesterday i rocked this great scarf i bought in New York many moons ago. As it is my lone scarf I look forward to rocking more as soon as the budget allows.
8. Complete at least one non-food Pinterest project per month-does learning how to tie my scarf in a new way count? February's project are some very cute owl valentines. Stay tuned.
9. Blog at least once a week -January, check.
10. Make gifts for friends and family-to be done as soon as the budget allows
11. Create wardrobe I feel shows the "real" me.-to be done as soon as the budget allows
12. Finish one sewing project per month (once it arrives from storage)-to begin in April.
13. Learn to properly knit and crochet-to begin when I have all my sewing stuff from storage
14. Learn how to play one good song on the piano-boo, I have yet to work on this but the year is still young.
15. Try one new recipe a week.-i did whip up a few recipes this month not so much every week but a helluva lot more than usual.
16. Create Stella's reading nook-to be done as soon as the budget allows
17. Begin Stella's yearly art books a' la my Pin-spiration. -not yet
18. Learn how to braid Stella's hair.-working on it, I have been practicing though.
19. Research and (if possible) join the local arts council.-not yet
20. Complete my first children's book and submit it to a publisher-i have a solid draft, now i'm researching for it.

Adventure/Active
21. Plant and nurture no more than 3 plants for the entire year. -I've been planning, I can't wait until spring.
22. Walk 365 miles (not in one day mind you)-i've logged about 5 miles. I must work harder at this in February.
23. Shoot a handgun (its that or break plates my friends)-to be done as soon as the budget allows
24. Give my hubby at least one long lingering kiss per day-check
25. Get a new tattoo-to be done as soon as the budget allows
26. Take at least one new photograph a week-I must work harder at this in February

Trips/Places To Go
27. See at least 2 shows at the Orange Peel-We will be seeing Trampled by Turtles in April
28. Take Stella to see a Play or Ballet Performance-to be done as soon as the budget allows
29. Visit Tryon, the birthplace of Nina Simone (sigh)-to be done as soon as the budget allows
30. Visit Black Mountain preferably overnight with my awesome hubby.-Check
31. Purchase year passes to Chimney Rock Park/Hickory Nut Falls and use hell out of them-to be done as soon as the budget allows-those bitches are expensive.
32. Go on at least one date a month with the hubby.-check

Healthy
33. Get the internal volume turned up on my hearing aids-my fingers are crossed for an appointment in March.
34. Complete a juice fast-to be done after my clean eating month.
35. Eat clean for one month-I'm thinking sometime in the summer.

2 comments:

Vicki said...

Love this list. You have inspired me to make a check off list. Much better than just "I want to...". Miss you my friend:-)

Franny said...

That's awesome Vicki! And oh do I miss you too. The kids are getting so big! Let me know how your list turns out.