Monday, March 12, 2012

March Artist: Dry the River - History Book

Dry the River are actually a relatively new band and are releasing their debut album, "Shallow Bed", this month. (Spectacular album by the way) Most of the guys come from punk backgrounds. And while there are certainly pastoral/gospelly energies that flow in their songs, none of the guys claim to be religious. I still think its hilarious that despite my unshakable agnostic beliefs I still find myself loving big hymnal energy. (See Tori Amos, PJ Harvey, Jeff Buckley, Florence and the Machine, ect)


Today's song, History Book, is the song that Becca w/ Girls Gone Child posted. When the chorus kicks in oh be still my heart.


"And maybe when the bitterness has gone, there'll be sweetness on our tongues once more"

0 comments: