Thursday, October 23, 2008

30 Days - Day 7

So last Friday I talked about my desire to begin the journey to a better me. A happier me. See Here. Oh What a week it has been my friends. First I have to give a huge shout out to my fantabulous friend Martha over at Surviving Baby who decided there was strength in numbers and created her own 30 day list.

Let me tell you this has been one of the most revolutionary weeks of my life. The things that I have learned about myself. The choices that I have made this week. I can't tell you how right it all feels. I feel as though for the first time in my life, each step I take is in the right direction. The crazy thing is, I'm still just beginning. The pieces of the puzzle are far from being in place. But every day that I commit myself to this change leaves me feeling better than the last. And every day I learn one more little lesson, I move a little further towards my happiness, to feeling that each and every moment I'm here is not wasted.

All of this because I made 5 little changes. Because I sat down and began to read a little book that I've had for almost 10 years but never gave it the attention it deserved until now. It really has shown me so much. It's put so much in perspective. For example. What do you do on a daily basis that makes you truly happy? (kids don't count in this exercise) What purposeful actions do you make in your day to day life that when you walk away leave you feeling good? That make your soul feel that much better? I've realized that many of the things I typically did "for me" on a day to day basis brought absolutely nothing to my life. I've learned that before I can ever hope to be successful on any higher level in my life. I've got to make the time every day to do the things that make my soul happy. That bring joy (no matter how big or small) into my life. Whether it's 15 minutes here 20 minutes there I have to devote an hour out of my day to my own happiness. Just doing this the past few days has helped me more productive more focused. It makes me feel less afraid.

Frankly I look forward to every second of the next 23 days. To see where I'm going to be tomorrow, next week, Next month. To watch myself become the person I want to be. To be the best example I can be for my daughter who is and always will be my greatest inspiration.


A few days in I found myself amending my list a little (but in a good way).

1. I will not visit Perez Hilton or People.com-this particular task has been surprisingly easy for me maybe because I've been too busy otherwise to care about it.

2.I will each night create a to do list for the next day with 5 tasks to complete that I would normally avoid. I will not rest until each of those tasks have been completed. -this one a bit tougher, I try to make each item an realistic one.

3.I will wear some degree of make-up and style my hair for no reason at all. -I've found a strange inner power from doing this. And oddly it's only been from a barrette, lip gloss and a little eyeliner.

4.I will read a minimum of 20 pages in a book. -this has quickly become a must do in my life. Right up there with brushing my teeth and I freakin' love it.

5. Every time I walk out of a room I will leave it better than I arrived. (put something away, pick up or organize) -I've made it a game and I've actually felt better about myself since doing this.

Anybody else want to join Martha and I? 5 things 30 days I know you can do it. And you'll be glad you did.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm telling you, it's a movement! You are genius and yeah you for sticking to your list!