Tuesday, February 14, 2012

One of the million reasons my husband rocks socks.

One of the greatest lessons I learned about love from my husband was that its the little things that mean the most. Its not about the grand gestures, whether or not they got you the most expensive gift.


It's knowing that he still likes to watch me sleep when his beard tickles my face in the middle of the night when he comes in to kiss me.

It's him proclaiming the handmade owl valentines for Stella's class, that say "Owl always be your friend", the cutest valentines ever and meaning it with all his heart, despite thinking it all a "hallmark" holiday.

Its how after nearly 10 years, and even though you've talked about it before, you still can have a twenty minute conversation about Van Halen and how they don't make them like Diamond Dave anymore. And how both Dave and Eddie were idiots for never respecting the importance of each others role in the band.

Happy Valentines Day.

0 comments: